English Pre-Int-A, Post 2, ' 'Choosing between: (a) The best holidays or (b) The best concert'

 Warm Salutations,


Prospective Early Childhood Educators, Sociologists, Psychologists, Social Workers and Anthropologists from FACSO,



This week, I am bringing to you the second out of six blog sessions.



In this particular session, you will be asked to do the following class assignment:



This time you will write about the best holidays or concert you've been to


Please choose ONLY 1 topic

Holidays:


When it was
Where did you go
How long it was
People you went with
Things/activities you did
Why it has been the best so far
Any other relevant info



or,


Concert:

When / where it was
The artist you saw
A bit of info about the artist
Describe the atmosphere during the event
Describe how you felt and why they enjoyed it
Any other memories about it

Word Count: 170.


Leave comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + comments on your teacher's post.


"Dear Fellow Concert Goers,



This time I was given the great opportunity to write about a memorable concert I had the privilege to attend to. This time I wanted this writing session to be special. I wanted to tell you all about a time I was the lead singer of a (short-lived) band.



 About twelve years ago, when I was a freshman at university, a great meeting for “mechones” (first year students) was going to take place. Everybody was looking forward to attend to this great musical event, and especially, every single band was looking forward to give its best shot. Everything had to be perfect.



One of those bands was composed by English Pedagogy Students, and they chose “me” to give a special surprise. They thought I was a funny person which had something to give to the audience, so, out of nowhere, they told me to sing a funny song to cheer the audience up. 



What I sang to a drunken (pissed off, really) group of university students was memorable, at least for me. I combined two songs, “La Chona” from “Los Tucanes de Tijuana” and “Lithium” from Nirvana.



The laugh was massive, and the fun, even more memorable. It was a nice touch of foolishness”.


Thanks a lot for reading,

Kind Regards!

Comments

  1. hi, HAHAHHAHA that sounds very fun, I would love to listen that combination of songs one day. I hope soon. Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mr. Larenas, that sounds so funnny that makes me want to be a part of the audience of that show hahaha. My best wishes for you and your youngself haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, you were the vanguard in the postmodern music and you didn´t even notice HAHA. I´d like and I hope to hear you one day. Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I wish that memory was mine, I still don't have funny anecdotes in university to tell :(
    Anyway, I hope you have a good saturday c:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, this story is so funny, definitely the songs describe my two moods HAHA, one day I have to listen a remix of them haha. Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi teacher, that was a very funny anecdote and I´m very glad that you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha that sounds hilarious, you should repeat that presentation one day, it would be a total success

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello teacher, very entertaining your story

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a really funny and memorable story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. I didn´t really expect that, JAJAJJSJ It was so fun to read, what a story yo tell!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! Your story is so funny! I would never have imagined that two completely different songs could put on such a good show. I would have liked to have witnessed that show lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi teacher, that sounds like a really great memory, it's memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello teacher, it is a very good and funny story. I would have really liked to see that. I wish this would happen in my university experience sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha
    what a wonderful combination though. What about a last perform as a group? For the old times hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English Pre-Int A, Post 6 [FINAL], 'English Language challenges'

English Pre-Int-A, Post 1, 'A country you would like to visit'

English Pre-Int-A, Post 5, 'Changes to my study programme'