English Pre-Int-A, Post 4, 'Time travel to the past or future'

 Warm Salutations,


Prospective Early Childhood Educators, Sociologists, Psychologists, Social Workers and Anthropologists from FACSO,



This week, I am bringing to you the fourth out of six blog sessions.



In this particular session, you will be asked to do the following class assignment:


Write about an imaginary time travel to the future:


  • Where would you like to go? Why?

  • What time in the future/past?

  • Would you like to stay there? Why/Why not?

  • Upload pictures (optional)


Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher’s entry


Word count: 220 words

 

 

As usual, as you’re used to, I leave you an entry that you can take as a point of reference to write one of your own:


Future? Why? I do not know If I want to travel to the future, to be honest. What for? To acquire a ton of information that might be helpful for mankind, I suppose. Well, if I have to be honest, I wouldn’t mind if a take a short trip and find out what will become of humanity in a few decades, or even centuries. 


First of all, I would like to travel for 2 weeks in the future to find out what will become of some errands I have to make in two weeks’ time. If these errands turn out to be OK, my next journey will be in a few years, 4 or 5 let’s say. I think it will be pretty good to know [for sure and in exact terms] if I and my family will be OK in such a short time frame [4 or 5 years is such a really short time, don’t you think?]. Are we going to be OK? I think it’s up to this little journey to find out about it.


Once I had made sure that every acquaintance and family member will be OK, I think I will turn into an informant for future events that will involve us all as humans and people. Well, it will not do any harm if I can make some money with a little bit of information about some sports statistics, not that I will cause a major time and space collapse, I think. [any related events to a time travel movie called ‘Back to the Future’ are only mere and accidental coincidence].


Finally, I think I will look for information about time travel, to make this experience safer for the right people: engineers, scientists and anyone who is willing to and that can bring actual progress to our contemporary human landscape. However, if I think about travelling to the future even further, I think I will prefer to leave the world as it is and worry about my present. I know you will probably be thinking that this is a very cheap and anticlimactic way to end a blog entry, and it is. It’s not that is a good idea to mess with future events, either. 


Anyway, let’s turn the page over and see what would you do if you were able to travel a few moments or centuries in the future. Thanks for reading. Cheers!



Comments

  1. Hi teacher, I am happy to know that you will use the information to help, it would be something that I would also do, but I want to know how you would give the information about the future to the other people, because I feel they would think that you are crazy haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of time travel to the future is terrifying, tbh. So it would be impossible to me to see and stay there for two weeks, but I think is cool that you can think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi teacher, I think that your opinion on this matter is very interesting, and I agree with the fact that it´s important to worry about our present

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi teacher, I also believe that it wouldn't hurt to use certain information to make some money haha, but I also think it would be quite boring to see some sport already knowing the result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi teacher! I think it's great idea travel to the future and use the information to help the others. I don't think that I would do that, because if I know what happens I would feel very anxious and nervous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mr Larenas, honestly i think that living the present is the best, since is the only thing that keep us alive, and also scares me to think about the information of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you professor, I also think it would not be such a good idea to travel to the future haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi teacher, I would not travel to future but the idea of earning money with bets sounds pretty tempting haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello teacher, I think like you in several aspects, we must worry about our present because it ends in a very short time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi teacher, I think that I'll be too anxious if I travel to the future, trying to come back and change things, that I'll prefer to stay where I am right now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi teacher, when guess that I´m just not ready for travel to the future, to many unkowns things and makes me anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like that you've worried about your family going foward, if you and they'll be okay. Personally I rather to go to past than the future (check out my fourth blog entry to now why haha), but that view about seeing the integrity of your family might change my view on time travel a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uff
    Kindda cute though. The way you care about something. I believe that the uncertainty of life pushes us to act even when you have the worst intentions, even when you messed up everything and everywhere. All those moments contain the potential to change something, even to ourselves

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoy reading your blog teacher, and I just agree, I would have made money with bets too. Anyway, I would like to travel to the future just by curiosity

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English Pre-Int A, Post 6 [FINAL], 'English Language challenges'

English Pre-Int-A, Post 1, 'A country you would like to visit'

English Pre-Int-A, Post 5, 'Changes to my study programme'